Thomas C. Rowland, Jr. Resident Research Day
Each second and third year resident is involved in a year long research project, which culminates in May at the Thomas C. Rowland, Jr. Resident Research Day where residents present their projects in a professional meeting style. This research day has taken on special significance and is judged by renowned guest faculty. Additionally, the three presentations judged as the strongest will present their research at the Thegos Society and at the South Carolina Obstetrics and Gynecology Society meeting. These three winners and other worthy presenters also submit their work to regional and national meetings and are sponsored by the department. In the last several years, we have had research presented at the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists, the American Fertility Society, the ACOG annual clinical meeting, the ACOG District IV meeting, and the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists meeting. The majority of the residents' research projects have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
Thomas C. Rowland, Jr. Resident Research Day winners:
- 2009: Gretchen Reinhart, M.D., Rebecca Wineland, M.D., Eddie Tarnawa, M.D.
- 2010: Erin Swanson, M.D., Chris Goodier, M.D., Eddia Tarnawa, M.D.
- 2011: Erin Swanson, M.D., Katie Gurchak, M.D., Leah Lamale-Smith, M.D.
- 2012: Jill Cierny, M.D., Tripp Nelson, M.D., Carlton Schwab, M.D.
- 2013: Tripp Nelson, MD, Tina McWhorter, MD, Hannah Steele, MD
- 2014: Sarah Tillman, MD, Adriane Haragan, MD, Shelby Neal, MD