Compensation and Benefits
Residents receive 21 days of annual leave per year through institutional guidelines. They also receive 21 days of sick leave per year. The Chief Resident and Program Director arranges a schedule which covers residents who are on vacation, who are ill, or who are on a leave of absence.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Maternity Leave
- The Department has a "well being" committee
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Leave of Absence
- Insurance Coverage
- Meal Card Program and Weekend Vouchers (Steak-Out or Pizza on weekends)
- New lab coat each year
- Book Fund
- 1 conference Chief year with all expenses paid or 1 conference to attend if interested in fellowship (i.e. SMFM)
- Wellness Center membership (Spouses receive discount)
For a complete list of benefits including health and dental, please review: MUSC GME Resident Handbook.