Compensation and Benefits
Residents receive 15 weekdays of annual leave per year through institutional guidelines. They also receive 15 days of sick leave per year. Over the Christmas and New Year holidays, the residents each get an additional week of vacation through departmental benevolence. The Chief Resident and Program Director arranges a schedule which covers residents who are on vacation, who are ill, or who are on leave of absence.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Leave of Absence
- Insurance Coverage
- Meal Card Program and Weekend Vouchers (Steak-Out or Pizza on weekends)
- New lab coat each year
- 1-2 textbooks per year donated by industry
- 1 conference Chief year with all expenses paid
- Wellness Center membership (Spouses receive discount)
For a complete list of benefits including health and dental, please review: MUSC GME Resident Handbook.