Liver Transplants at MUSC
The MUSC Transplant Center in Charleston, SC is one of the country's top adult and pediatric liver transplant programs.
Most patients come to the MUSC Transplant Center for treatment of:
- Biliary atresia
- Cirrhosis of the liver (liver disease)
- Fulminant and subfulminant hepatic failure
- Hepatitis C
- Primary liver tumors
MUSC's outstanding liver transplant physicians are skilled at leading-edge-techniques--such as laparoscopic liver resections--which contribute to the MUSC Transplant Center's tradition of successful outcomes.
With hundreds of successful liver transplantations a year, the experienced MUSC liver transplant team is recognized for its:
- Superior outcomes and some of the nation’s highest liver transplant survival rates
- Hospital lengths-of-stay that are among the nation’s shortest
- Extremely low re-admission rates
And because MUSC has one of the nation's shortest liver transplant waiting periods, our liver transplant patients typically get their livers in time.
Contact the MUSC Transplant Center to schedule appointments or ask questions about MUSC's liver transplantations.