What to Expect
The MUSC Sleep Center can accommodate patients who need to bring a caregiver or those who need an interpreter. Patients must be at least 16 years of age to stay unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
The Sleep Center was designed to evaluate patients in a comfortable, home-like environment. Some of the services we offer are:
- Restful, relaxing setting
- Private rooms
- Furnishings like a bedroom in your own home
- Televisions with DVD players
- Bathrooms with showers
- Complimentary, non-decaffeinated beverages available upon request.
- Linens furnished
- Lamps on the bedside tables for reading
- Free wireless Internet access for patients and visitors (must bring your own computer)
After you register on the night of your sleep study, the technologist will spend about an hour preparing you for your study and answering any questions you may have. After that, you can relax before lights out by reading a book, talking on the phone, or watching television.
While you are sleeping, the technologist will monitor the quality of your sleep. Our sleep center uses state-of-the-art technology to monitor your sleep patterns in order for your physician to make diagnoses and treatment plans, if applicable. You will receive personalized care because we assign one technologist to 1 - 2 patients. If you need assistance at any time during your stay, a staff member is always available to assist you.