The Medical University of South Carolina is committed to patient safety. Patient Safety is a team effort involving not only your doctor, nurses and other healthcare professionals but yourself as well. When everyone works together the patient ultimately benefits.
One way that we are improving patient safety at MUSC is with our integrated medical records. These online patient records are immediately available to any doctor within our hospital system, so that your treatment plan can be as up-to-date as possible.
The following are a series of patient resources designed to better inform you and better prepare you to become a team member in your own care. We highly encourage you to take the time to review this material and ask questions of your other health team members.
If you have specific questions about our Patient Safety programs we encourage you to speak with your physician or health care provider.
- EmmiSafety™ Interactive Tools
- Handwashing and Patient Safety
- Medications and Your Safety
- Five Steps to Safer Health Care
- Cinco recomendaciones para recibir una mejor atención médica
- Having Surgery? What you need to know
- 20 Tips to Help Prevent Medical Errors
- Quick Tips—When Getting Medical Tests
- Quick Tips—When Getting a Prescription
- Quick Tips—When Planning for Surgery
- Quick Tips—When Talking with Your Doctor
- Safety Information from the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Be Prepared for Medical Appointments