- Always follow any special diet that your doctor or dietician gives you.
- Eat whenever you are hungry -- even if it is not mealtime.
- Eat 5-6 small meals during the day rather than three large ones.
- Moisten food with gravies or sauces to make eating easier.
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Avoid foods that are fried.
- Keep healthy snacks close by for nibbling when you get the urge.
- Vary your diet and try new recipes.
- Use soft lighting, quiet music, brightly colored table settings, or whatever helps you feel good while you eat.
- If you enjoy company while you eat, try to have meals with family or friends.
- Ask your doctor or nurse whether you can have a glass of wine or beer with you meal to increase your appetite.