- More people are living with cancer now than ever before, and new ways to treat cancer are being discovered.
- Having cancer doesn't necessarily mean a person will die from it.
- Nothing you did or didn't do caused you or your family member to get cancer.
- Nothing you thought or said caused you or your family member to get cancer.
- Cancer is not contagious- you can't catch it from someone else or give it to someone else.
- If one of your family members has cancer, doesn't mean that you will have cancer too.
- Nobody can tell you why your parent or brother or sister is sick and you are healthy.
- The way you behave cannot change the fact that someone has cancer or that your family is upset.
- It is good for you to continue with your school and outside activities.