Patient Dining Services
Eating well during your hospital stay will contribute to a quicker and better recovery. To ensure that you eat well, Sodexo offers the patient room service system, At Your Request® . This room service system is like being in a hotel instead of an hospital. Patients can call and order the foods they want, when they want it! A restaurant style menu is located on the patient's bedside table and is geared to increase food variety and to bolster patient satisfaction.
To ensure that patients clearly understand how to order their menu, a Patient Ambassador visits newly admitted patients and explains the menu system. If a patient is not able to call and place their menu order, a Room Service Customer representative will assist.
- Some menu items may not be allowed if your physician has prescribed a special diet for you. Our Room Service Customer Representatives, receive specialized diet training, and will be happy to assist you with your selections.
- Accommodations for special requests such as vegetarian and Kosher diets are provided.
- Patients with diabetes utilize the Carbohydrate (CHO) Counting system. This system allows patients to choose any foods to meet the carbohydrate level ordered by their physician.
- For patients requiring a picture-associated menu, including Spanish and English text, one is available to assist you.
- Basic diet education information brochures are available for patients. Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Call Center at 792-3892 and requesting a visit from a clinical dietitian.
Family members of patients are encouraged to utilize the MUSC food court options or provide their own meals.
If you do not want to leave the patient's bedside, or you want to enjoy a meal with a patient, call Casa Vida to place an order that will be delivered to the patient's room for you.
In situations when this is not possible, meal assistance may be available upon assessment by the patient's Social Worker.
Watch a video to learn more about the At Your Request® dining services: