Research in the Department of Neurosciences includes basic, translational and investigator initiated clinical studies. Broad research themes include, addiction, aging (Alzhemiers disease), cortical physiology/cognitive disorders (Schizophrenia), demyelinating disorders (Multiple Sclerosis), movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease), neurodegeneration, retinal physiology and stroke.
Please use the links below to contact specific neurosciences research programs at MUSC.
- Alzheimer's Research & Clinical Programs (ARCP)
- Carroll A. Campbell, Jr. Neuropathology Laboratory- MUSC Brain Bank
- Center for Applied Neurosciences (CAN)
- Center on Aging
- Clinical Trials
- Murray Center for Research on Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders
- Neurobiology of Addiction Research Center (NARC)
- Neuropsychopharmacology Lab/ SEELAB
- Neurosciences Institute
- Translational Research Unit (TRU)