$99 Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD) Screenings
MUSC Health is offering year-round PVD screenings for $99.*
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) occurs when blood vessels and arteries in the arms, legs, feet, neck and abdomen build up plaque and narrow, which blocks blood flow. If you have PVD, you most likely have heart disease.
PVD is often called "the silent killer" because people rarely experience symptoms. That’s why getting screened for PVD is critical. PVD is most common in men and women 50 and older, but risk factors such as smoking, Type 1 diabetes, diet and physical inactivity can cause the disease to progress earlier.
The screening package includes tests for:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD) — a blood pressure cuff and ultrasound device are used to measure blood circulation in the legs and arms
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) — ultrasound test of the abdominal aorta (a major blood vessel between your heart and legs)
- Stroke/Carotid Artery — ultrasound test to look for narrowing or blockage of the arteries between the heart and head
$99 PVD screenings are available now at four convenient MUSC locations:
- Ashley River Tower facility on 25 Courtenay Drive in downtown Charleston
- Main hospital at MUSC, at 171 Ashley Ave. in downtown Charleston
- MUSC Health East Cooper, 1600 Midtown Ave., Mt. Pleasant
- MUSC Health North Charleston, 8992 University Blvd. , North Charleston
*Not covered by insurance.
Schedule Your Screening
Call 792-1616 or fill out the online request form on the right to schedule your screening.
Educate Yourself About PVD
- Learn more about PVD
- Learn more about vascular services at MUSC