At the MUSC Heart & Vascular Center, we believe the more you know about your heart the better. The resources below provide a wide range of heart health information; click on any of them to learn more.
- HeartAware online heart disease risk assessment: evaluates your risk of cardiovascular disease in 10-minutes
- Cholesterol Quiz
- Stroke Quiz
- Women and Heart Disease Quiz
- Heart Health Library
- Talking to your doctor about heart disease
- 10 Steps to a healthier heart
- Heart attack warning signs
- Women's risk factors for heart disease and stroke
- Heart healthy goals for women
- African-American women and heart disease
If you’ve been diagnosed with a heart condition, it is important to consider every alternative. MUSC's Heart Surgery Second Opinion Program is an opportunity for you to review all of your options with our team of specialists known across the country for changing what’s possible in heart surgery.
Don't find out the hard way--stop PVD before it stops you. PVD is often called "the silent killer" because people rarely experience symptoms until a catastrophic event such as a stroke or abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) rupture occurs. Common risk factors include leg pain when walking or exercising, diabetes, hypertension, excess weight, high cholesterol, history of smoking or family history of stroke or heart disease. Schedule your $99 PVD screening at MUSC today, now available at four convenient locations in downtown Charleston, North Charleston and Mt. Pleasant.
Heart disease can be a scary thing to face, but having the support and knowledge of those also going through it, or who have already gone through it, can be invaluable. We maintain a list of available support groups here.