Cardiac Surgery Hospitals
Heart disease remains the number one killer of Americans. this deadly disease is often treated with medication or, in drastic circumstances, surgical procedures in cardiac surgery hospitals. MUSC is proud to offer specialists and surgeons experienced in performing these complex heart disease treatments.
The South Carolina heart center located at MUSC features cardiac surgery hospitals and a highly specialized team for cardiac surgery that performs the complete range of cardiac surgeries by experienced cardiac surgeons, including minimally invasive coronary bypass, open heart surgery and valve surgeries.
Cardiac surgery procedures include:
- Mitral valve replacement and repair
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery, including “off-pump” beating heart surgery
- Repair of congenital heart defects
- Mechanical assist device placement (LVAD, biVAD)
- Pediatric and adult heart transplants
- Surgery for aortic aneurysms, including valve sparing aortic root replacement
There's no denying the power of prevention, especially when it comes to heart disease. The Medical University of South Carolina offers many cardiovascular disease programs aimed at aiding in the lowering of heart disease risk factors. Learn more about these cardiovascular disease programs now.