The information contained in these topics is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Nothing contained in these topics is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Not a Substitute - The information and materials in the Self Health Care Advisor should not be used as a substitute for the care and knowledge that your physician can provide to you.
- Supplement - The information and materials presented here in the Self Health Care Advisor are meant to supplement the information that you obtain from your physician. If there is a disagreement between the information presented herein and what your physician has told you - it is more likely that your physician is correct. He or she has the benefit of knowing you and your medical problems.
- Limitations - You should recognize that the information and materials presented here in the Self Health Care Advisor have the following limitations, in comparison to being examined by your own physician:
- You can have a conversation with your doctor.
- Your doctor can perform a physical examination and any necessary tests.
- Your child could have an underlying medical problem that requires a physician to detect.
If you think that you are having a medical emergency, call 911 or the number for the local emergency ambulance service NOW!
And when in doubt, call your doctor NOW or go to the closest emergency department.