Choosing a Provider
Finding appropriate home health and hospice care providers requires some research. You will need to consult with your doctor to evaluate your home health or hospice care needs. When looking for a provider, consider the following:
- Quality of care
- Availability of services
- Personnel training and expertise
- Payer coverage
When evaluating the quality of a provider, you may encounter the following terms:
When choosing a provider, consider asking the following questions:
- How many years has the provider been serving the community?
- Does the provider have literature describing its services, cost, and funding?
- Is an evaluation of the patient's home health care needs required? Is there a written plan of care for the patient?
- When are caregivers available?
- Is there a nursing supervisor on-call 24 hours a day?
- Can the provider ensure patient confidentiality?
- How is quality of care and services monitored?
- What types of payments are accepted?
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Home Health, Hospice, & Elder Care