Home |  Video Library | Podcast Library | e-Newsletters | Classes & Events | About Us | Community Blog | University & Colleges 

Contact Us | 843-792-1414
Patients & Visitors Medical Services Maps & Parking Health Library Health Professionals Careers
Online Services
Nutrition Main Navigation
About Nutrition Services
Clinical Services
Dining Services
Our Team
Nutrition Education
Ask a Dietitian
News & Events
Contact Us
» For Nutrition Professionals «
Health Library
Bookmark Page icon Bookmark |

Print this page icon

| E-mail icon
Dietitian Q/A

Because of the contents of some questions and the large number we receive, the MUSC Dietitians only answer selected questions. Although we discourage questions regarding personal health problems, scheduling an appointment with the outpatient dietitian to address these concerns is encouraged. Appointments can be made after a physician referral is received.

Enter a keyword or phrase:
 Question:  I have several severe food allergies/intolerances and find it difficult to gain weight, what kind of specialist should I see?


It may be beneficial for you to have your GI specialist refer you to a Registered Dietitian who can help you navigate your food allergies.

To meet with an outpatient registered dietitian (RD) who can counsel you on how to improve your health, regardless of the condition, please call 843-876-0888 for an appointment. You will need a physician referral which can be found at: http://www.muschealth.com/nutrition/clinicalservices/outpatient/RT%20Newsletters/MNTReferral.pdf. Stacy Renouf, our outpatient registered dietitian (RD) will be happy to meet with you!

Answered: 09/15/2011

About This Site   |   Disclaimer   |  Privacy   |   Accessibility   |   Donations   |   Site Map
171 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403 1.843.792.1414 | © yyyy Medical University of South Carolina
mobile web site iconrss feed iconText Messaging iconPodcast Library Follow MUSCHealth on Twitter MUSChealth YouTube Channel