Why MUSC Hollings Cancer Center
As one of the leading cancer treatment centers in the Southeast, Hollings Cancer Center combines the full range of cancer specialties – including medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, chemotherapy, and reconstructive surgery – to deliver a higher level of care to the patients we serve. Our team of more than 60 super-specialists – each concentrating on a specific discipline of cancer treatment and care – works with individual patients to develop customized treatment programs that target a broad range of conditions. Often in just one day – and under one roof - patients receive individualized attention from several specialists and complete the diagnostic procedures needed for a confident assessment of type and stage. We complement that care with funded research programs for specific diseases and multidisciplinary tumor boards where physicians share their collective expertise to explore the best treatments for individual patients.
Awards, recognitions and accreditations:
- There are thousands of cancer treatment centers across the United States, but only a select few receive a designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI). MUSC Hollings Cancer Center is among this elite group — setting us apart as one of the nation's leading cancer research centers.
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as being among the top 25% in cancer care in the U.S.
- Our Comprehensive Breast Care Program is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and was named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The Jenny Sullivan Sanford Melanoma & Skin Cancer Program was named a Melanoma Center of Excellence (MCE) by the Melanoma Hope Network
- MUSC is a Center of Excellence for the Prevention and Treatment of Tobacco Related Malignancies
The highest level of care:
- Hollings Cancer Center offers patients state-of-the-art therapies, treatments and technologies, including Tomotherapy, the Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and the da Vinci Surgical System
- MUSC is one of a small number of health care centers in the nation offering orthopaedic oncology care
- We offer South Carolina's first, largest and most comprehensive blood and bone marrow transplant program and the only pediatric blood and marrow transplants
- MUSC is one of only a few centers in the Southeast using the video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) technique in a large percentage of cases
- Our Advanced Breast Reconstruction Program uses the revolutionary DIEP (Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforation) technique
- We're the only center is South Carolina able to perform surgery on prostate tumors in four different ways: robotic, perineal, retropubic and laparoscopic
- South Carolina's only two female Gynecologic Oncologists are here at MUSC
- Hollings Cancer Center has one of the world's most renowned Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) facilities
- MUSC offers the only program for advanced melanoma care in South Carolina
- In collaboration with MUSC's Children's Hospital, we treat more than 60% of all South Carolina children battling cancer