MUSC Hollings Cancer Center's Nutrition Services provides proactive and individualized nutritional consultation for cancer outpatients across the continuum of cancer care, including primary prevention, cancer treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery), secondary prevention, cancer recurrences, palliative care and survivorship.
Our Registered Dietitian (RD) and Board Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (CSO) can answer questions and assist with nutrition issues, including:
- Maintaining lean body mass and/or weight before, during and after cancer therapy
- Optimizing nutrition status before and after surgery
- Managing eating problems and nutrition-related symptoms of cancer and cancer therapy
- Providing education and management regarding tube feedings or IV nutrition
- Answering questions and providing recommendations regarding vitamins, minerals, herbs and/or nutrition supplements
- Providing education regarding diets such as high calorie/protein, diabetic, renal, heart healthy, post surgery, modified consistency, cancer prevention and weight loss diets
- Providing general healthy diet tips and recipes for a healthy lifestyle, cancer prevention or survivorship
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, simply ask your physician for a referral to see the dietitian at the Hollings Cancer Center. Once the referral is submitted, an appointment will be scheduled at your convenience. Follow up visits do not need additional doctor’s referrals.
Appointment times are available Monday through Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm (initial visits are 45-60 minutes, follow up visits are 15-30 minutes). Patients can be seen before or after a regularly scheduled clinic visit or during an infusion visit.
Ask a Dietitian
Do you have a general, cancer-related question for one of our dietitians? Visit the MUSC Dietitian Q&A page to submit your question and review our archive of previous discussions.