Hollings Spiritual Care
Spirituality can be a great source of strength, connection, hope and meaning as you and your family cope with cancer and its impact on your lives. Our chaplain is available to talk with you before, during or after treatments to listen to your unique story and provide support through the challenges you are facing. MUSC Hollings Cancer Center provides spiritual care to meet the needs of patients and their families while respecting their individual values, beliefs and religious orientation.
Patients and families have spiritual needs and can benefit from attention to the thoughts, feelings and concerns that go along with serious illness. Even people who do not think of themselves as religious often find strength and comfort through attention to their spiritual needs. Since spirituality is at the core of what defines each person's understanding and practice of what gives their life meaning, purpose, and value, and is intrinsically personal, we offer these services on an interfaith or individual basis with sensitivity and respect for the broad diversity of religious practices and beliefs.
Services at Hollings Include:
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Support through experiences of pain, suffering and loss
- Coping with treatment
- Guidance in decision-making for treatment options, transition concerns and end-of-life choices
- Grief and support services, as requested
- Religious ministry including prayer, blessings, other religious rituals and devotional materials
- Contact with clergy of specific a religious affiliation, as requested
There are several ways you may arrange to meet with the chaplain at Hollings Cancer Center:
- Notify any Hollings staff member
- Download the form to the right, complete it and return to the Hollings registration desk
- Contact Rev. Nancy Pellegrini, Chaplain, Hollings Cancer Center, at 843-792-6493 or email@example.com