head and neck tumor center
- The latest surgical techniques and reconstruction approaches, customized to the individual patient's needs. Among these are reconstruction of the larynx, trachea and esophagus.
- Endoscopic surgeries for tumors of the thyroid, parathyroid, mouth, throat and base of the skull
- Laser surgery
- Reconstruction with the da Vinci robotic system
- Maxillofacial prosthodontics
- State-of-the-art radiation therapy, including Tomotherapy and Gamma Knife
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Highly advanced, computerized three-dimensional planning for radiotherapy
- Video stroboscopy - camera assisted view of throat
- State-of-the-art chemotherapy regimens
- A separate, comprehensive Thyroid and Parathyroid Tumor Clinic, including evaluation by a multidisciplinary team
- Tumor Boards - specialists from every component of the Head and Neck Tumor Center team meet weekly tumor to review newly diagnosed patient information.
- Head and Neck Nurse Coordinator - patients are assigned to a health care professional who provides patients and their families a resource for all phases of their care.
- Access to national cancer studies - such as the latest in chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Head and neck clinical trials.
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Recovery and Follow-Up - an important part of a patient's care goes well beyond the post-operative and recovery period. Ongoing follow-up visits to the Head and Neck Tumor Center are scheduled conveniently to meet the patient's needs.