Patient Information & Resources
At MUSC Hollings Cancer Center, we've developed a variety of support services to assist patients and their families before, during and after treatment.
Us Too: Prostate Cancer Support Group
Us Too is an international network of support groups for men with prostate cancer and their families. The Charleston, South Carolina chapter is sponsored by the Hollings Cancer Center and meets on the first Tuesday of each month, from 7 to 9 p.m., in the Bethel United Methodist Church at 57 Pitt Street in downtown Charleston. For more information, contact Bob Strobel (843) 766-9360 or Reuben Martin at 843-556-1758. Visit Us Too's Web site.
Facts about prostate cancer:
- Second most common male cancer and a leading cause of death in men
- A major concern for men ages 40 to 60, despite advances in diagnosis and treatment
- Early diagnosis and treatment dramatically improves outcomes
- Attacks one in six men, but fatal in just 3 percent of cases, thanks to effective diagnosis and treatment
- Significant cause of death for elderly patients
- How much do you know about prostate cancer? Take our online quiz.
- Use the NexProfiler Treatment Option Tools to learn more about treatment options for prostate cancer
Videos and Podcasts:
- Prostate Cancer and Minimally Invasive Surgery with Dr. Stephen Savage
- Prostate Cancer: Clinical Trials at MUSC with Dr. Thomas Keane
- Prostate Cancer: Treatment of Prostate Cancer, Part I with Dr. Thomas Keane
- Prostate Cancer: Treatment of Prostate Cancer, Part II with Dr. Thomas Keane
- Prostate Cancer: Diagnostic Phase with Dr. Jonathan Picard
- Prostate Cancer and Robotic Surgery with Dr. Jonathan Picard
For additional information on prostate cancer, visit the MUSC Health Library.