Because a healthy diet will help you recover faster from surgery, we have registered dieticians on staff to help you make informed choices about nutrition so you can better manage your recovery and long-term health.
MUSC Hollings Cancer Center’s (HCC) Nutrition Services provides proactive individualized nutritional consultation for cancer outpatients across the continuum of cancer care, including primary prevention, cancer treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery), secondary prevention, cancer recurrences, palliative care, and survivorship.
Our Registered Dietitian (RD) can answer question and assist with nutrition issues including:
- Providing nutrition education regarding cancer prevention, weight management, post surgery, modified consistency, diabetic, heart healthy, educations, and general healthy diet tips and recipes
- Maintaining weight and lean body mass before during and after cancer therapy
- Optimizing nutrition status before and after surgery
- Managing eating problems and nutrition-related symptoms of cancer and cancer therapy
- Providing education and management regarding tube feedings or IV nutrition
- Answer questions and provide recommendations regarding vitamins, minerals, herbs, and/or nutrition supplements
To schedule an appointment, simply ask your physician for a referral to see the dietitian at the Hollings Cancer Center. Once the referral is submitted, an appointment will be scheduled at your convenience. Follow up visits do not need additional doctor’s referrals.
Appointment times are available Monday through Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm (initial visits are 45-60 minutes, follow up visits are 15-30 minutes).