Awards and Distinctions
The MUSC Advanced Aortic Surgery Program is dedicated to the comprehensive treatment of aortic disease. Our program gives patients every advantage, from the collective brainpower of more minds on their individual care, to access to the latest treatments and technology.
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report (2012-2013) in both Adult and Pediatric Cardiology & Heart Surgery
- MUSC was the first hospital in South Carolina to offer the abdominal aortic stent graft or Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR), an alternative treatment to traditional surgery for aortic aneurysms
- MUSC performed the first “Fenestrated” EVAR to preserve branch vessels from the abdominal aorta to the kidneys and the intestinal blood supply
- We are one of 36 hospitals nationwide to receive Triple Plus Award status for maintaining Gold status in quality care of heart failure, coronary artery disease and stroke (AHA’s Get With the Guidelines)
- MUSC is accredited by the Joint Commission, the nation's predominant standards-setting and accrediting body in health care
- Chosen South Carolina’s most preferred institution for cardiovascular care by consumers (National Research Center surveys)
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient vascular laboratories are accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- MUSC was the first hospital in South Carolina to perform the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), a new treatment option for patients with severe aortic stenosis
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center in Cardiac Care by South Carolina Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Our nationally accredited Chest Pain Center delivers quick and accurate assessments of heart problems in the earliest critical stages.
- Nursing care ranks in the top 10% of America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report (2009)
- Top 23 hospitals in the country for outstanding patient care and operational efficiency by Premier Healthcare Alliance (2009)
- National Recognition for Patient Care - Healthcare IT Case Studies by Modern Healthcare (2009)